Putting people and planet above profit is possible
is an independent self-organised creative space, bar, kitchen & takeaway in Hackney Wick which hosts a diverse programme celebrating and nurturing local and international creative talent. It is also part of an ecosystem of studios founded in 2007.
An Experiment in Ethical and Sustainable Business
Since 2014, our aim is to remove financial barriers to extend opportunities to enjoy a creative and nurturing environment whilst exploring ecological and social sustainability. We ask the question: Is it possible to be a financially sustainable enterprise in London whilst:
– Paying London Living Wage
– Using eco-electricty; eco cleaning and recycled products
– Sourcing locally and sustainably wherever possible
– Working in partnership with independent and ethical enterprises wherever possible
– Using organic, fairtrade and locally sourced food and drink wherever possible
– Offering free entry (or affordable) events to share music, art and the ideas and stategy of putting people and planet over profit
– Sharing learnings & ideas through workshops, talks/films; markets & sustainable supper clubs.